This is position is currently vacant. To submit an application, please send your resume and other credentials to email@example.com.
The city clerk shall be an officer of the city. The clerk shall serve as clerk for the council. The city clerk shall:
- Keep the journal of the proceedings of the city council; and
- Enroll all ordinances and resolutions passed by the council in a book or set of books kept for that purpose; and
- Have custody of documents, records, and archives, as may be provided for by law or by ordinance, and have custody of the seal of the city; and
- Attest and affix the seal of the city to documents as required by law or by ordinance; and
- Have such other powers, duties, and functions related to his statutory duties as may be prescribed by law or by ordinance. The person who serves as city clerk may be employed by the city to perform duties not related to his position as city clerk. The salary, if any, for said duties shall be provided for separately by ordinance. Oklahoma Statutes, Title 11- Cities and Towns Section 10-117.
City Treasurer Duties
The city treasurer shall be an officer of the city, appointed by the council for an indefinite term. The council may provide by ordinance that the same person may hold both the office of city clerk and the office of city treasurer. Subject to such regulations as the council may prescribe, the city treasurer shall deposit daily funds received for the city in depositories as the council may designate. The city treasurer shall have such other powers, duties, and functions related to his statutory duties as may be prescribed by law or by ordinance. The person who serves as city treasurer may be employed by the city to perform duties not related to his position as city treasurer.
Oklahoma Statutes, Title 11- Cities and Towns Section 9-113
Funds handled by the Clerk/Treasurer include:
- CDBG SAVINGS
- MUNICIPAL COURT
- UTILITY AUTHORITY SEWER SURCHARGE
- STREET & ALLEY SAVINGS
- STREET & ALLEY CHECKING
- SINKING FUND SAVINGS
- SINKING FUND CHECKING
- SANITATION DEPOSITS
- BIDDER’S BOND ESCROW
- JUVENILE COURT
- EMPLOYEE CLEARANCE
- CUSTOMER NOW (UA DEPOSITS)
- NINE-ONE-ONE (911) FUND